Monday, July 15, 2019

Monday Morning Freewrite

I have decided to not feel guilty for not planning a big agenda for the summer. For more summers than I care to count, we have always had something. For a couple of summers it was me teaching on storytelling. Last summer it was that huge reunion that took more time than I even realized. It was also finishing up with Renovare. I also taught at TAC all last summer. So to not have any agenda at all other than the shower for Madina (that got canceled due to her C Section) seems so weird for me, but I am managing to get so much done around the house. I have gotten through so many cupboards and drawers. Right now, it is working on the kitchen. Today I think I will tackle underneath the sink. This seems so mundane, but I sure like being able to have the time to make my home neat and clean. I usually have reserved August for that in the past, but July seems to be fairly clear. So I am "striking while the iron is hot." 

I am going to contact Lori and see if she wants to meet in Hillsboro. I would love that and it is part of my "I will" for our missional community last Thursday. Have I mentioned how much I love this missional community? I think this is my favorite one so far. In the past, they have not always flown. I think the first one after that large training group of 17 was also quite good if not logistically overwhelming because there were so many of them! I liked that group, but this group is only 8-10, and we are doing a Bible story, DBS, and prayer. It is very simple, and I like it. I am also not in charge of it which makes it very nice. So YAY to this group.

I am trying not to eat as much today. I lost all the weight I had gained during injury and Renovare last year, but it slowly creeped up on me during Spring term during the allergy season that ended up being prolonged because, for the first time in my life, I had grass allergies! Indoor exercise was always accomplished, but I never burn as many calories working out inside. I also eat more when I am taking medicine. Blah blah blah. Excuse excuse excuse. So, I am trying not to eat as much now that I am able to go outside now and ride my bike and go to cardio weight training. All is better. I think it was many 8 pounds at the most which can be gotten off in a month. I am still not overweight, but I like to be lower on my range. 

So Paul stayed home today, and I get to take him to his dental appointment so I will walk around for 45 minutes while he is in there. That will be my outdoor exercise. I have not walked in that neck of the woods for a while. So it should be quite fun. I love helping Paul this way. I am praying praying praying he finds a job in his field. I am also praying that for Michael, but he is being a little bit more dogged about finding something. He has an interview with a vitamin company in Oregon. Much of the job is doing what he did for his old job. So, that is good he has 1 1/2 years of experience. He responsibly applied for unemployment too. What a guy. 

I think my time will soon be running out. Oh, cardio weight training is run by my coworker, Nikki, now. She is tough. I am never sore! My buns were SO SORE I could barely walk. I love that. I need to sub more because I have to stay in Pilates shape because I don't do it at home if I am not forced to teach it. I know myself so well. 

Well, off to work on the kitchen and listen to another Gaskell book recorded by Librivox. I am guessing the alarm is going to go off any second. I usually am pretty good about time, but it has not gone off yet. Hmmm. Let me check then. 

I have 2:48 to go. What else? I am going to talk to Elizabeth tonight. It will be good to catch up. 

My 29th wedding anniversary is coming up very soon. I am so happy. So very happy.

What else is up with me? I thinking this 1000 Books to Read Before You Die has been fun, but I have to not be so goal oriented, and I don't know if I can ever read ALL of Proust. Can you believe this author thinks you should read ALL of Proust? I read two abridged versions of his first two books, and I thought, "WHY IS HE CONSIDERED SO GREAT?" I am especially wondering as I am listening to a book about his life, and he was a lazy person who lived off his parents' money. 

There we go. Bye! No proofreading here for a freewrite.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...