Tuesday, July 09, 2019

38. The Year of Magical Thinking


I had never heard of this woman; but apparently she and her husband were very important writers. She and her husband wrote novels and screenplays and lived quite a life. This is her memoir of the year after her husband died. It was poignant, but I am not sure that it would hit the general public like it would a literary type. I did like it though, and it did make me contemplate loss as I just had 10 deaths between the end of May and end of June. It made me appreciate my marriage (they had a good one) and cherishing the time I have with my loved ones. I am looking forward to watching the documentary on her life when I take advantage of the next Free month of Netflix. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...