Tuesday, July 09, 2019

43-47: Eloise, Eloise in Paris, In Moscow, at Christmastime



 

The audio version is wonderfully narrated by Bernadette Peters and includes all four books above. What a hoot! You really need to "read" these books with Bernadette. Her singing in a six year old's voice is hilarious. I loved it!

But I went to the beach and there was no BOOK to go with the CD (as the above book cover indicates). So I listened to it and imagined the illustrations and then I went back to the library and got all four books to feast on the illustrations by Hilary Knight (there is an HBO documentary on him that I want to watch next time Xfinity has a free HBO week). I loved this and can totally see why it is on the 1000 Books to Read Before You Die list. She is acting out because she is a neglected child. That is a layer overlooked. 




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...