Wednesday, November 27, 2019

114. The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan

I am on a roll of listening to audiobooks as I putter. This is a thriller on the eve of the first world war. It is the first in a series where Richard Hannay is the protagonist. The novel is written in the first person, and it kept me engaged the whole time. 

Of course, it is on the 1000 Books to Read Before You Die list that I have been obsessed with since May. (Do I need to see a doctor about this?) I never would have picked it up had it not been on the list, but I love exposure to books I would never think of reading. The narration is charming (Not sure on this book cover who "Samuel French" is because my version was narrated by Robert Powell, and he was excellent.

I now have the 1935 Alfred Hitchcock version on my Amazon Prime Waitlist. I love it! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...