Saturday, November 30, 2019

Saturday Sixteen Minute Freewrite

I did it. Today will be a full week of doing freewrites. I said, "Famous last words" about my intention of doing them daily, and here I am!

I have had a very good week. I felt very focused on the Lord during my morning times. It has been fun to go back to the Spiritual Exercises. Disappointed that Anne and Elizabeth were not able to coordinate using Exercises for Everyone with the others in their cohort, but that is OK. I can live with that. Tony's brush off of my a year ago was a good exercise for me, and it was the theme of last year to work through the Type Two's fear that we are unwanted and unloved. I feel very wanted and very loved by YOU, God. So that is all I have to write on a Post-it note from now into eternity because YOU are the one I am spending eternity with anyway. Your opinion is the only one that matters. WOW! I am not just telling myself that truth. I am actually following through and living in that truth these days. Why did it take me so long to get here?

Yesterday was a lovely day. Cold and sunny, I woke up still early but had gotten plenty of sleep. I had a bit of caffeine in the late afternoon at mother in law's so that I could stay up a bit later that night. Even with that, I could only stay up until about 9:15. Part of it was that Wonderful World of Disney Christmas special was really BAD. There were good things in it: Sting and Pentatonix especially, but many of the acts were pretty cheesy or just sounded really bad. So, I am not surprised I could not stay awake.

I had a Facetime Spiritual Direction with Anne at 7am. So good. I love that girl. Then Katherine and I went for a two-hour walk up to Chip Ross Park. I got all 10,000 steps in and a good time catching up with Katherine. I have not spent one-on-one time with her since a bit after I broke my leg. She is such a great girl.

After this, I finished The End of the Affair. It is a sad story but so well-written! Narration by Colin Firth was also a plus. 

After this, I painfully finished that Christmas special. Eighty percent bad! 

It would have been a perfect day to go get our tree, but no one could be roused to do so (including myself). So it was a low-key recovery from Thanksgiving day for all of us. I read a little bit more of The Drowned World and was considering watch the rest of the Everest movie (as a follow up after reading Into Thin Air), but I know what happens, and I just cannot do it. I am going to bring it back to the library. Too sad for me to see this in dramatic form.

We had a lovely Salsbury Steak dinner together. Then I did the weirdest thing, I saw that Twilight was free on Xfinity. What? I cannot believe I actually watched that movie. I can see the appeal for teenagers. 

After this, I went to sleep and slept a good seven hours. I think I am officially caught up and readjusted to the time change.

Today, I hope we get our tree. It is the first day of Advent tomorrow, and I want to set up our Advent Wreath at the least. I think I am also ready to go back to my Enneagram studies. I am to become an expert on Types 5 and 8 in the next few months. That will be fun. There are none of these types in my cohort (although one of the women in there sure seems more like an 8 to me than a 1). 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...