Friday, March 28, 2014

Jonah 2:1-2 -- Cry for Help, and He Hears

Jacopo Tintoretto - Jonah Leaves the Whale's Belly - WGA22543
Tintoretto [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Jonah Leaves the Whales Belly 
HIS WORDS


Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the stomach of the fish, and he said, “I called out of my distress to the Lord, And He answered me. I cried for help from the depth of Sheol; You heard my voice."

MY WORDS

Then Jonah prayed to the only LORD, his God from the belly of the fish, and Jonah said, "I called out of my distress [trouble, anguish, extreme discomfort, affliction] to the LORD, and He answered me. I cried, 'Help!' from the belly of the grave, and You heard my voice."

I WILL


It is amazing how these verse always seem to line up with what is happening in my life. I already followed through on my "I WILL" before even finishing this. I started with these verse realizing I was sort of in the depths of despair myself! I woke up REALLY discouraged. I have not gotten a lot of encouragement from people lately. Hebrews 10:24,25 says we are "stimulate one another to love and good deeds," but our present group of people has more "refiners" than "encouragers." So I prayed for encouragement, wrote my bestie about my discouragement to ask for prayer, encouraged some others, and God heard my cry! He encouraged me in my distress, and then an answer to pray regarding yesterday's "I WILL" came along! 

You do hear GOD! YAY! 

Out of the belly of the whale and spit out on the shore. :) I am ready to face the Ninevites (world) now!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...