Thursday, March 27, 2014

Job 30:20-23 -- Crying to Him for Help

Schnorr von Carolsfeld Bibel in Bildern 1860 132
Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Job's Afflliction
HIS WORDS


“I cry out to You for help, but You do not answer me; I stand up, and You turn Your attention against me. You have become cruel to me; With the might of Your hand You persecute me. You lift me up to the wind and cause me to ride; and You dissolve me in a storm. For I know that You will bring me to death And to the house of meeting for all living."

MY WORDS

"I ask fervently for help from You, but You do not answer me; I stand up and You only look at me with indifference. You have become harsh and cruel to me; you only keep me alive to persecute me with Your mighty power. You lift me up to the wind so that I can ride on it in the tempest. For I know that You will bring me to death and to the house of meeting for all living."

I WILL


Job was in a terrible place. I do not have this concept of You, but I have never been as miserable as Job, and I have never been as miserable as the widow who just called me to ask me to pay for her cable bill.  She is constantly in financial trouble. "The cable is not for me but for my children, Carol." Food and shelter are necessities, but a cable TV is not. 

It is funny because I was just praying for her earlier this morning wondering why I had not heard from her, and God brought the thought that she needs to learn money management skills. So, He has already spoken about how I can obey:

I WILL NOT pay her cable bill.
I WILL offer to set her up with some financial management tools that will help her meet her obligations every month. I will call Kathy to see if they have a class going, and George said we could help with that. 

By the way, while I was on the phone with George, she called to say that the cable bill was taken care of. 

Update of Follow Through: I just got a call from a man who leads the Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom Class who is willing to sit down with her two times a month and work through her budget problems! YAY God! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...