Sunday, February 04, 2007

Righteousness, Relaxation, Riding the Wave


image from: www.art.com

I was going to put this in my Word Processor as an idea for a message, but I thought I would put it here! I just finished up a word study of "righteousness" for my Romans study this morning. Then, I got in the shower, and this whole thought came to me.

RIGHTEOUSNESS

We are righteous because of the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ, imparted to us as a gift. We can't earn it, and God settles the demand for righteousness in our own life through the blood of Christ. So . . . we can

RELAX

"There remains therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God." Because I can't earn that righteousness on my own, I can relax in what Jesus Christ has done for me. I can abide in that vine. I can be at rest and there is nothing that I can do to earn his righteousness by my own acts or service, but because of the imparted righteousness through Jesus Christ, I can not only relax, but I can . . .

RIDE THE WAVE

I have the Holy Spirit of the living God inside of ME! So, that relaxing doesn't make me lazy or nonchalant, but I am aware of God in me and HE propels me toward things that don't earn righteousness, but they are the fruit of righteousness.

I am just writing down the "3 R's" for today:Righteousness, Relaxation, and Riding the Wave!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I like this!! These 3 R's are better than the other! :)

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...