Sunday, February 11, 2007

Let's Here it for a Free Saturday!

Yesterday, I sat and read through a big chunk of Isaiah over a period of a few hours. It was lovely to sit and soak, and the men were gone for a good part of it as they went shopping with their Christmas/Birthday gift cards and went on a hike.

Ideal setting for reading, meditating, listening, and responding to God. I love free Saturdays!

"to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit . . ." 30:1

Lord, I don't want to do that. Were some of the things that happened last year plans that I carried out that weren't of You? Did I form an alliance that was not of Your Spirit. I think the answer to the second question is yes. I think the thing that we did was beautiful, but I should not have done it with her. Not with her.

"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel says:

In returning and rest you will be saved
In quietness and confidence is your strength,
But you were not willing" 30:15

Oh LORD, I am so willing. I am returning and resting in You this February 11, and I am so at peace with myself and everyone around me. That is a good place to be.

"Therefore, the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.
For the LORD Is a God of justice;
How blessed are all those who long for Him." 30:18

Longing for you from a small town in the Pacific Northwest. I thank yiou for your compassion and graciousness and your justice.

Oh, it is time for breakfast. Gotta go!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Don't you just love how God can use us -- mistakes and all -- to do beautiful things and make everything work to His glory in the end? His grace & compassion are incredible! He is so awesome!

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...