Wednesday, December 20, 2023

An Ignatian Book of Days by Jim Manney


This is one of the many beautiful readings in An Ignatian Book of Day compiled by Jim Manney. 




I loved this quote that I read today, and since I am only 9 days away from completing the whole book, I figured I would also write the review for the book. 

First, the quote from above. Silence is golden (thus why I have the golden sun from the Quote fancy stock photos). It goes along with a quote from the last book I posted about The Poetics of Space, "Silence affects not only man's time and speech but also his very being." 

I am convinced that it is important to speak out of silence. That is why I try to have a Centering Prayer time before I go into a Spiritual Direction meeting.

Second, the book in general. It has excellent "bite-size" tidbits from Ignatian spirituality. I ordered it this time three years ago, but since I was going through the Celtic spirituality book for two years, I put this one on hold until 2023. (Hmm. Should I go back to that? I certainly loved it when I went through the first two years, and I have two more years to go.)

I love it. If someone has not been exposed to Ignatian spirituality, this is a good introduction. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...