Saturday, December 09, 2023

A Different Way: Recentering the Christian Life Around Following Jesus


I am way behind in my blogging of books. So, this morning, December 9th, I am catching up. The entries will probably be short and sweet because I want to get out and walk before the rain comes back in.

All the finish dates will be out of order. 

Finished: December 1

As a Renovare Book Club read, this book was well-received by my group of 8-9 people. It was mostly review because Chris was one of my teachers in the Renovare Institute for Christian Spiritual Formation. It was still very well-written and had some key foundational things and core spiritual practices explained. This is more personal. Although I had heard Chris' story in the Institute, this was a more detailed account that I enjoyed reading about.

The most important take-away for most was our distorted view of God, and how it can shape how we respond to him. 

Very well-written. 


No comments:

The Long Walk (1000 Books to Read)

This is a harrowing account. It was an incredible journey! Here is why James Mustich thinks it should be one of the 1000 Books You Read Befo...