Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tuesday Freewrite

Yesterday was my birthday...

and it was lovely. 

I like no expectations in my life. I decided it needed to be low-key. I didn't want any parties or lights. I had my chai in the morning and meditated on the baptism of Jesus and my own belovedness before God. I also had such sweet memories about my family growing up. I was truly blessed with a dad in whom I had no doubt as to his love for me. I knew I was beloved in his eyes. 

The question in Finding Christ in the World was "When I say yes to God's insisting, "You are my beloved child," I feel ...

Happy...blessed...joyful!

(I was the beloved youngest child and only daughter of Charles William Wardrop who changed my name to Carol because the name Karen just did not fit the 10 lb 15 oz baby girl that popped out of my mom at 9 (am or pm - no one to ask for sure). I was not "pure one" but SONG OF JOY! That fits me so much better!

After this good time in God's word, (and a word about power and authority which I don't like to take but realize I must sometimes) I went for a 90-minute walk in the cool of the morning. It got up to 96 yesterday. So I just kept walking and walking until I got my 10,000 steps and 600 calorie move goal in! It was lovely. :)  I also listened to Angela's Ashes (see the post from yesterday). What a fascinating and funny read. 

I came back to send my first email to my small group that has finally been assigned to me through Jesuits in Boston! We are eight weeks in, and they just got to me on my BIRTHDAY. So that was a gift. 

Another gift was my heather orange BLESSED T-Shirt that came in the mail.

After this, I listened to my book some more, talked to Jean S on the phone, answered Facebook and text well-wishers, and had tea with Kim for three glorious hours of connection. I love that girl.

She left at 5:30, and Teala came at 6 for a steak, baked potato, salad, and fruit dinner. She stayed for four hours. I had a lot of connections yesterday! I love that.

So here I sit. I think we are done with the vacation getaway, having gone on our 30th wedding anniversary to the coast for three days. It was so great. I am not sure I wrote about it here, but George is the easiest person to be with. We walked and talked and read a lot. We also went to Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay for lunch on our big day. It was cheaper that day, and the 30-minute wait was so worth it. I had the "Pasta Rave" which is lovely seafood linguine with all sorts of different kinds of seafood. 

What was great is that for both my anniversary getaway and my birthday yesterday, I did not go over my points. So I have a 23 day streak of a "Blue Dot." I have lost 6.7 pounds! WOOHOO. I LOVE Weight Watchers. It is so EASY, and I love seeing all these people who have lost an incredible amount of weight and kept it off by eating healthier. The psychology behind all the "free" points is that you will reach for those healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean meats instead of the higher point, lower nutrient foods. It is working for me, and I have eaten so much fruit but still lost weight. 

I am on schedule. At this rate, I will be at my best weight by the day school starts. I should mention I am not overweight. I am at the upper end of my weight range through and in a healthy BMI, but I want to be at the healthiest and best weight for me, and that is at at 22-23 BMI.

I start weight lifting again today. YIKES! I am a little nervous about going to a class with the mask and procedures. We will see how I like it. I might just lift at home or at the club. 

I think my time is just about out. I like to freewrite, and it has been a very long time! 

TTFN. 10 seconds to go! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...