Saturday, July 25, 2020

21. Into the Deep: An Unlikely Catholic Conversion

42835707

This is an honest and transparent life story of a woman who has recently converted to Catholicism from an evangelical background. She tends to paint ALL evangelicals with a very broad brush that I found not accurate of the evangelicals that I know. Her foray into feminism was fascinating, and it helped me to understand the thought processes that I have never quite understood.

She also gives a very good explanation of the underpinnings of Catholic practices like male priests, the Eucharist (transubstantiation), and praying to Mary and the Saints. 

It was a worthwhile read. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...