Thursday, July 16, 2020

Open Mind, Open Heart

"Centering prayer is not so much the absence of thoughts as detachment from them. It is the opening of mind and heart, body and emotions―our whole being―to God, the Ultimate Mystery, beyond words, thoughts, and motions―beyond, in other words, the psychological content of the present moment. In centering prayer we do not deny or repress what is in our consciousness.  We simply accept the fact of whatever is there and go beyond it, not by effort, but by letting go of whatever is there."   

Chapter 1, Open Mind Open Heart

I am going to be discussing this book with a Zoom Group of Benedictines in California. I have not read it yet, but I keep on reading quotes from it. So, I am going to get it from the library and read it with these nice people. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...