Sunday, July 26, 2020

Finding Christ in the World - Week Seven: The Word Was Made Flesh

Notes from my time through the 18th Annotation of the Exercises:

Grace for the week: I ask to appreciate how God has saved us by sending the Son of God in our flesh.

We are "capable of self-knowledge, of self-possession, and of freely giving ourselves and entering into communion with other persons" (Cathechism, 357). For God is all of that and we will be reflecting His image eternally. (p. 122)

What could "likeness to God mean to us in our bodies?... Jesus of Nazareth is what it means. "In Him, in bodily form,  lives the divinity, and in Him too you find your own fulfillment" (Col. 2:9,10). [The Amplified Bible says, "For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead), continues to dwell in bodily form -- giving complete expression of the divine nature. And you are in Him, made full and have come to fullness of life -- in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and reach full spiritual stature."] Jesus shows how a human acts who is perfectly "in the likeness" of God. (p. 122)

Day 1: Jn 1:1-18

My Thought for the Day: The Light shines in the darkness. Testify to the light! From fullness we receive grace upon grace.

Day 2: Lk 1:26-38

In your presence, I am safe and still. 

My Thought for the Day: Do not be afraid, for you have found favor with God.

Willingness to cooperate with God. "Here I am, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." 

Applying your prayer thoughts:
You are not a God who created us and left us to fend for ourselves. You are intimately involved in all our ways and have a global plan. You have been preparing me for Body and Soul Companion. I am ready. (Gene said, "You are competent but lack confidence.") How can I walk alongside (one of my directees)?

Day 3: Lk 1:26-38 Repetition

Gabriel was sent by God. "For nothing will be impossible with God." 

My Thought for the Day: The Lord is with you. 

Day 4: Lk 2:8-20

The word "glory" really stuck with me. "And the glory of the Lord shone around them...Glory to God in the highest heaven...The shepherds returned glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them." 

My Thought for the Day: Glory of the Lord shine through me. 

What about my life? Applying your prayer.

About the 365 instances of the Lord or his prophets or angels inviting the people, "Do not be afraid." One fear I want to be free of just now has ...  

Putting myself out there as a spiritual director, having a website. I fear rejection big-time. I want to be free of that. 

I am in awe that God would send the Son to earth to save us. I feel awe, delight, joy, love, peace. 

I ponder the glory of God. 

I ask the Lord about ... How I might live with the remembrance of his glory? I pray for ____. That she would glorify you and not be deceived. 

Day 5: Lk 2:8-20 Repetition

"The glory of the Lord shone around then...good news of great joy..glory to God..."Let us go now to Bethlehem and see this thing that has taken place...So they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the child lying in the manger...all who heard it were amazed...Mary treasured words and pondered them in her heart...The shepherds returned glorifying and praising God."

My Thought for the Day: Glory of the Lord shone around them. Shine around me, Lord. 

Day 6: Lk 2:39-40, 51-52

"The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom, and the favor of God was upon him...Jesus increased in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor."

My Thought for the Day: Continue to pray Lk 2:52 for my boys. 

Day 7: Lk 2:39-40; 51-52 Repetition

My Thought for the Day: Help me grow, become strong, and fill me with wisdom. 



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...