Monday, July 27, 2020

24. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

44139278. sx318

Wow! This might be my favorite book of the year. I could not put it down. What an engaging memoir. What an amazing early life this man had. 

I had begun reading it when it was on the bookshelf of a vacation home we were renting. I did not have enough time to get very far into the book, but I put the audiobook on hold, and I HIGHLY recommend the audiobook read by the author that includes him singing the songs! It made me want to take a trip to Limerick!

It is humorous and heartbreaking all in one breath, told from the perspective of a young boy coming of age in poverty-stricken Ireland. 

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...