Monday, June 10, 2019

Lightworks Two/4:2-3 (Rm 7:14-25; Mt 5:1-12)

Continuation of Considerations:

  • Paul knew that by his sin, he thwarted God's achieving his original purpose. He did not hate himself, though. Instead, he let his sin drive him to trust and to love the One who saves him from himself. For love of Christ, he lived out his original purpose against all odds, including his own weaknesses.  (Rm 7:14-25 - my meditation from this passage. What stood out was Paul saying, "Something has gone wrong inside of me", and Jesus Christ is the only person who can set things right.)
  • A member of Christ's Mystical Body, you are truly God's project for the world. How does God expect to achieve the Reign among free persons? By co-creating your core self and shaping you in your concrete gifts, both natural and graced. You are one of the building blocks of God's Reign.
What does Tetlow mean by saying God is "co-creating your core self"?

I will chew on that for a while. I am not feeling well today. I know it is not allergies. I have not felt well since Friday, and I have to just let this "bug" run its course. I thought I was better yesterday afternoon when we were addressing Paul's graduation announcements, but I seem to have relapsed this morning. I got up early before George, but I went back to sleep again. I really do feel so lousy. It is not good. 

It might be the end of the school year, finally able to let it all down tiredness? I had a BIG weekend with the PUMP Party. So maybe I knew in my brain I had to keep it all together until I was done with classes. I am sad because we were supposed to go up to Portland on Saturday night for the Johnny Limbo 40th anniversary celebration, but I did not feel well all day and finally made a call about 3 pm that I didn't think I could go. I think it was a good call, but I was sad. 

I think I will go back to bed again and finish this freewrite early. I wanted to get to all the books Lorraine gave me and all the papers that have been piling up over the months, and I still might do that, but right now, I just want to go back to bed. 

Hoping I feel better soon. :(

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...