Sunday, January 01, 2017

2017 Seven Simple Scripture Steps

Teala and I are on our 21st year of having a Day of Prayer at the sorority she is currently working at (with the exception of the two years we were in Malaysia at which time I had it remotely).

The word for the year is SIMPLE. I had all sorts of thoughts about GOALS for the year, but God said to keep it simple. So, I have "Seven Simple Scripture Steps for '17!"

1.Cease striving (be still, let go, relax) and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)

(Stilling my heart before Him, not rushing ahead of His plan for my day but being still so I can listen)

2. Continually seek His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be provided to you. (Matthew 6:33)

(Moment by moment seeking)

3. Blessed are those who hear the word of God, and obey it. (Luke 11:28)

(Daily listening and obeying - no more, no less)

4. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. (Mark 12:30)

(Love, worship, and adore Him with all of my being)

5. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Mark 12:31)

(Serve my sweetheart, sons, and students [training, Pilates, TOAG, Tahera, and Bible Book Club people])

6. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercise self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore, I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

(2017 self-control resulting in strong and svelte at 22 BMI)

7. So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of  God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore, let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9)

(Regular rest periods - sabbaticals and Sabbaths)







No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...