Monday, January 23, 2017

Prayer Review of Week 3

What made me feel most alive and in tune with God's plan:



  • Sweet, sweet time of prayer for the Persian world with my Kingdom Community
  • Prayer to kick off the Week of Prayer and Fasting with 25 people I love
  • Listening prayer leaders meeting and talking with Graham and Nicole
  • Walking to church in the sunshine
  • Time in Genesis
  • Talking about Honor and Shame with Kingdom Community
  • Beautiful teamwork speaking at a workshop with the four other women who do what I do up in Portland
  • A day to catch up on studying at Hillsboro Library
  • Beautiful interaction with one of the library employees
  • Walking at Dawson Creek
  • The sunset from the second floor of the library
  • Spending time with George in the car to and from Hillsboro
  • Working with my mother-in-law to clean out Aunt Dot's house and finding treasured memories
  • Good Pilates teaching week
  • Meeting new International students at Free Lunch
  • Helping the Free Lunch people clean up
  • Praying with the Free Lunch people
  • Nice talk with Jordan at Free Lunch
  • Riding my bike to and from OSU

What made me feel most dead (and small and not God's beloved) and not in tune with God's plan:
  • Blindsided by the news that our college pastor was terminated
  • Horrible negativity on Facebook. I must take a break for my heart is hurting for all the negativity and vulgarity.
  • News that slaughters and disrespects. Must take a break.
Ways to show my love for God and others this week:

Prayer and fasting for meeting Tuesday night, Thursday morning (both have the potential to be tough conversations), and Friday midday mosque visit (this probably will not be tough but want to show love to our Muslim neighbors). Be a listener. Love on our son on his 25th birthday.
Gifts God has given not already covered in feeling alive:
  • Once again, my wonderful family. I love them so much. They are my daily joy to be around. I love having Michael here, and I love that Paul stayed the weekend with us.





No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...