Thursday, December 22, 2016

48. Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief

Oh my, what a book. I checked out this book because it is written by Lawrence Wright, and I loved his book that I read earlier this year called The Terror Years. Going Clear has the same excellent writing style and does not disappoint.

I had checked out the audiobook from Library2Go (Oregon Digital Library Consortium) more than a month ago, but I did not finish it before I had to bring it back. I would have had to wait on the hold list for quite some time. So, I checked out the Kindle book. It captivated me from the get-go.

I also checked out the HBO Documentary of the same name that came out in 2015. The book is MUCH more detailed than the documentary, but both of them are excellent! The documentary gave me the opportunity to see the faces of the ex-Scientology leaders who are quoted in the book.

This is a cult founded by the most prolific "Pulp Fiction" writer ever, L. Ron Hubbard. His religion is also fiction. So sad.

Fascinating read.

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...