Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Prayerful Review of Sunday - Tuesday

Prayerful Review of December 18-20:

What made me feel most alive and in tune with God's plan:

Being in church for the morning and evening. Worship. Visiting afterward.

Family lunch at Applebee's

Birthday Zumba for Vickie's 60th birthday and donation to the International Justice Mission fighting human trafficking and slavery.

Getting my annual mammogram.

Reading. Resting. Wrapping presents.

Eating well and lower calorie.

Teaching Pilates.

Walking in the Tuesday afternoon sunshine.

Doing Dial a Book volunteering.

Face to face time with my bestie, Kim and her mom. This happens so rarely because of our schedules that do not overlap, especially since we have not gone to the same church for 10 1/2 years, but thankful we are still friends.
What made me feel most dead and not in tune with God's plan:
Someone I sat next to and just met, without anything to do with what we were chatting about, going into a monologue about pre-tribulation rapture. What? That was interesting.
Ways to show my love for God and others today:

Follow through on the remainder of our Christmas giving in lieu of presents to my side of the family. I just couldn't decide so am giving to all the things we volunteer for.

Gifts God has given not already covered in feeling alive:

My Tempur-Pedic mattress - as I was making it this morning, I was so thankful. It was a big purchase, but I wish we had made it two mattresses ago because this thing is almost six years old and show NO SIGN of wear. Our last two mattresses were giving out by this time.

Sunshine for the day!

Peaceful family dynamics and zero drama. I am so grateful for my kids. It is so nice to have them home.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...