Tuesday, December 06, 2016

44. Messiah Meditations by Carol Weaver

This is one of my favorite ways to focus on Jesus during the Advent season: Messiah by Handel!

I have also written a devotional for the month of December that goes along with the libretto:

You can read it online:
http://3yearbiblebookclub.blogspot.com/2016/11/december-messiah-meditations.html

Or download a document:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul28wxndosxkqyy/Messiah%20Meditations%20Devotional.docx?dl=0

I have to say that I enjoy going through this devotional even though I wrote it! LOL!

I had the wonderful privilege of going to his flat in London. I sat in the room where he composed this wonderful piece of music. It was a holy experience:





An interesting fact: Jimmy Hendrix's flat was one floor above Handel's two centuries later! Hendrix was a fan of Messiah as he had two albums of it in his flat:








No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...