Thursday, September 30, 2021

Freewrite Fifteen for an Early Thursday Morning

 

1 Corinthians 1:31 Let Him Boast In The Lord (blue) (knowing-jesus.com)


I just got out of two prayer meetings, back to back. One was warm and welcoming and abiding-like. The other one was not warm and welcoming and structured without a lot of time to just enter into God's presence and no definitions of what the parameters were for prayer as far as WHO/WHERE we are praying for. It was interesting. I have tried for the last six months or so to get into this group, but I think I just do not fit in there. It is an old and established club that I have not belonged to. Well, actually, I have belonged to this group for 27 years, and the other one only one year. Funny that I feel more connected to the one I have been in for one year. What should I do with that Lord? 

I suppose it is related to the whole meditation in the first group: 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 with that last line: "Let him who boasts, boast in the LORD." I cannot find my cross-reference Bible, but it reminded me of Jeremiah 9:24 about boasting that I understand and know God. That is all that is important. I might not know the definition of what the region was are praying for actually is according to this group, but I know that God is my God, and I am seeking to know Him. I finally just left not really feeling comfortable there.

There are such power structures in Christiandom, and I don't want to have any part of it. There are academics and the "experts" in the different fields around the world. I just want to concentrate on the people who I know that I pray for daily. It is a big group of people that I know and love. That is what is more important for me. Maybe I should start a group that prays for the world within that first group I pray with on many mornings per week. 

Last night was a dinner with people seeking to go overseas. It was good, and it reminded me of the many friends and loved ones we have scattered across the globe. They want to maybe join in training for 9 months, but I am holding it with an open hand. I am not sure it will work with this group. The last group we had was such an exceptional group that it might be great to just end there. We need to really pray. We need to seek Him. He will make it very clear.

I am not sure what the future holds for us as far as the group we have been in for 27 years. I have a big project that I am working on with them. I completed the most intense part on September 17, and that felt so good. I have 15 episodes down and 13 more to go, but I am all caught up with the things that need to go with those 15 episodes. They are in the hands of the people who will change it. I have not liked some of the changes that they have made, but I cannot let that get me down. I am not sure they "get" it. Or maybe I didn't "get" what I was tasked with. I don't need these "powers that be" to BE. Bottom line. I just need to be "in Christ." It is a hard lesson to learn, and I think people are always trying to establish their position in the world. It is just human nature to do that, but I want to let go of any semblance of that. 

Interesting being in a prayer time yesterday for a certain part of the world, and I felt great. I think it depends on whether I know that leader or not. He was so honoring of the people there. He was so accepting and loving as he shepherded us through the place we all love so much. I didn't know the leader in this group this morning. So I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. I guess that it really is about relationships established for me. It takes me a while to warm up and get the MO of the different groups. Or maybe I just need to not be in some groups. I think I have come to that conclusion with the group we have been praying with for the last six months on Friday nights once a month. It just didn't feel right. So I don't go anymore. Let's face it, I am a part of a LOT of prayer groups!!! I don't need to be in them all, and I think Order of the Mustard Seed 1/2 hour stints are more my cup of tea. 

(I am reminded that I left one Facebook group because I didn't feel comfortable, and I have not missed it one bit. Maybe I need to just delete the link to this group I pray with once a month. The person in charge wanted me to lead them in abiding, but I am not sure this group would want that and would rather launch into intercession. I am just not sure. Lord, give me more context and background.) 

On another note. I LOVE teaching only ONE class! The paperwork is so much easier, and I just go and come back. It forces me to get on my bike. I can do all my paperwork RIGHT after the class when I remember everything (instead of having the classes back-to-back like I usually do). Now, if I have two classes, I cannot do them back to back because of COVID. I need to clean all the equipment in between now. So it might not be possible for me to do two classes anyway.

 I need to talk to the scheduler about that. I am not sure that I will have my second class this year. The pay is lower, but I don't do it for the money. :)

There is my fifteen-minute timer. BYE!



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...