Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Freewrite - The Things that Ground Me

 

Thirteen Miles Down the Willamette River By Myself!


Maybe a better topic title would be "The Things that Ground Me to My Anchor (Jesus!)"

Well, here is my list in no particular order:

Prayer - I have a rhythm that is so right for me. I am not legalistic about it because it is about relationship, hanging out with God. I cannot wait to get up in the morning! 

For the last year, it has been Celtic Prayer Morning, Midday, and Evening (since Lectio365 came out with an evening prayer time, I do that more often than the Celtic prayer though). 

The morning prayer has a reading in Psalms, Old Testament, and New Testament, and I usually linger a bit longer on one of the three passages praying Lectio Divina.

I worship (and dance many times) to the worship music that starts out Pray as You Go prayer and Scripture. Love the variety. This morning was Audrey Assad and the Porter's Gate. LOVE!

I also listen to Lectio365, often on a walk. 

Walks ground me.

Listening to my Gregorian music (right now, in fact). It really isn't just Gregorian, and I love those monks and nuns singing in large cathedrals. The acoustics are amazing.

Balance grounds me. I don't get too caught up in being the savior of the world. I go and have fun. Thus what I did in the midst of the Afghan crisis. Part of it was that they were all sleeping when I went on a fun time. During this crisis, I have kayaked four times. (And yesterday I did 13 miles down the Willamette all by myself!) 

Nature grounds me. I drink it in. I notice it. I get out of my head and lookup. That is a huge deal for me. I think I didn't use to do that very well. Now I don't even need to try to do it. Yay.

I let go. Oh speaking of letting GO...

Centering/Silent Prayer has helped me do that, and it is almost time for my midday Centering prayer time. I must go and cut this freewrite short! ACK! 

BYE! 

Balance - body, soul, and spirit. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...