Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Tuesday Afternoon Freewrite

 


I really am trying to freewrite more. Today seems like it has been so busy. Busier than usual. I don't know why. 

I think that adding this 2nd Half Collaborative has been good, but it is a lot more hours of work than estimated. I love it though. I think it is right up my alley. So I am not complaining, but I am also realizing that is making my summer a bit busier than I anticipated. 

I am trying to do a Doodle poll to set up a meeting that spans five
time zones. That is tricky. I am sort of surprised it is hard to find the time since these are people who have pretty flexible schedules based on their line of work. 

I just dropped my six-day house guest at the airport. It was so fun to have them here! We talked about everything under the sun, and I think it is pretty amazing that God gave us time together. I think everyone is doing well. I loved all the deep talks that we had. 

So a full week. I purposely did not schedule anything for tomorrow so that I could decompress for the day. I did that last Wednesday between or big get-together on Tuesday night and three people coming in on Thursday afternoon. Motel Weaver has closed for scheduled maintenance. The Cycle of Grace. It is sustenance time! 

I am going to may teach a back class on Monday and Wednesday afternoon. I think that might be really nice. I would love to know more ways to strengthen and stretch. This is a movement class developed by a guy who has taught it for years, but if I teach it just the way that he taught it, I might not have the complainers like I did for the last class I taught. Plus, I am not so sure they would be the same crowd in the afternoon that was there in the mornings when I taught before. So we will see when I meet with my boss on Thursday at 8 am. I am only teaching one Pilates class at OSU this fall. So I think I can swing teaching a class at a health club on the off days. 

I will hopefully be going to Israel in May of 2022. So I will need to have a sub. I think maybe I will do Pilates this afternoon because I have not been doing it, and I always say i am going to do it in the summer, and then I don't do it as much as I would like. 

What else should I write? I have my OMS Cohort meeting. I tried to do the 5:30 am OMS Prayer Watch, but they do not let the non-regulars know when they are and are not going to be there. So I think I am just not going to try anymore. It interrupts the flow of my mornings. I have "let it go" because I don't want to hassle it anymore. It is not that big of a deal to not go. I can be part of the OMS and not go to the Prayer Watches, and that is just fine with me. I will go to the Evening Prayer Examens and Silent Prayer on Thursdays, and that is enough to keep me somewhat in touch with others. I don't want to get anyone in trouble though. So I am just going to let it go. 

Speaking of letting it go. I have not been as good this week about Centering Prayer twice a day. I have been doing it once a day though. So that is good.

God is good. I feel like he is truly sustaining me through all the fun times I am having in my life. I feel so full of good people. It is great. 

I have been eating too much though. Lots of people and lots of food.

Oh, I only had three minutes left, but George, Elizabeth, and I went back to the beach, and it was so great to see her enjoy the ocean. We then went to the best Italian Restaurant on Nye Beach! We love it. We went there with the boys for a getaway last year, and last night was so busy but so delicious. It was a great spontaneous evening at the beach. We should do that more often. 

Well, I think it is going to go off right about ............NOW! BYE! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...