Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wednesday Morning Freewrite




 I am so glad to be back in the saddle of freewriting. I know they probably are not very interesting, but they are interesting to me.

Today is my rest day. I love all the people in our lives, but to have a "clean calendar" day just sets my heart to fly. I love being by myself (well as close to that with George working from home, and Paul working the night shift at the hospital). So what will this day hold? I think a bike ride is in order. The whole time my guests were here, I only went on one bike ride. It worked out great because we dropped Anne off in Eugene and went to Dorena Lake. 

So today is rest. Tomorrow, I meet with J and have my Silent Prayer time with Jo and the Brits. I also meet with Sarah at TAC to talk about the Back Clinic teaching. I don't want to get into a problem teaching there though. It is always so tricky to teach there, but I figured with the same curriculum as what Kyle has been teaching for years, it will be fine. It was when I tried to teach true Pilates that the old-timers had a problem. They were used to an adapted Pilates that wasn't really Pilates (seriously, I went to the class of the teacher I replaced, and one exercise was the same as a true Pilates routine). No problem with doing something different, but it is not Pilates then. It is exercise and good exercise (the person I replaced is an excellent teacher), but it is not Pilates. 

Oh well. Friday I also have a clear day, but I think we are going out to dinner with the Southworth's. I need to confirm that. 

Patty texted me and wants me to come up to Portland for two days in August. I don't have a ton of flexibility, but I will see. I am working through the summer. 

I am going to see about maybe having a reduced spiritual direction schedule in the Fall. I am pretty full up with directees. I must pray about that. 

I am facilitating a small group for the 2nd Half Cooperative, and finding a time to meet for the fourth week across five different time zones is INSANE. I want to please everyone. So there is that. I am happy that I found a time that worked for everyone, even though there were some people that did not have a lot of flexibility on the Doodle poll, but when I asked them, they said they could make it work. My default is to mark that as a YELLOW on the Doodle poll so that we have some wiggle room, but they marked it as a NO. There were three people who did not give much wiggle room. I defaulted to the one that runs two businesses. The rest really do have flexibility in their schedule because of the nature of the work, and one was so sweet to be willing to stay up REALLY late since her time zone is 13 hours ahead of mine! YIKES!

I will evaluate whether facilitating this is really worth it for me. I think it is proving to be WAY more time than what was initially proposed to me, but I do think it will be fun and fruitful. I am just glad I have a very balanced life (think Cycle of Grace). This week, the people in my group are sharing the Cycle of Grace with those around them. I shared mine with Elizabeth, and it was fun. She already has seen it because I sent her the links to the videos quite a while ago. 

So, I think I will go for a walk. It is not going to be too hot today, but I love the mornings. Actually, maybe I should do a bike ride! 

I really do have a concept of how long 15 minutes is! I looked down, and I have 40 seconds.

Let the rest day commence! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...