Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Trying to meet other people's expectations is a big weakness of mine. I memorized this quote when I was a kid. So I realize it has been an issue for a long time. 

I slept in until almost 6 am this morning. SO UNLIKE ME! I watched the whole Dr. Death mini-series on Peacock last night. So I had to wind down and did not get to sleep until about 12:15. So that makes sense that I would sleep my 6 hours. I had a Silent Prayer time and then some reading time in the Taylor Branch trilogy about the Civil Rights Movement. It was the Malcolm X part. I had read his autobiography, but it is interesting to read more about him from a biographer's point of view. 

I have a CLEAN CALENDAR day. Well, almost. We are going out to dinner with Jean, Jim, and LeAnne. That should be really fun. 

This morning, I got a What's App call from Lisa of the OMS. That was fun. The ONLINE gathering is going to be October 29-31st. Here is the link for anyone who wants to go. Last year's gathering was so good.

Yesterday, I met with Sarah about teaching the Back Clinic Class on Monday and Wednesday afternoon. Since I am only teaching one Pilates class in the fall, I think this will keep me in better shape. So I am doing it for my benefit as well as doing it for the people who have been asking for it to come back since COVID hit. The creator of the class became the general manager of the club. So he needs someone to take it over. I have been subbing there for the last two years, and I think it would be good to teach there again. The thing with this class is that it will be EXACTLY his routine. So there will not be something to complain about like when I taught Classical Pilates there when they were used to doing Pilates that was really more like Yoga. So, I am very happy to teach the same routine. AND, I did it yesterday, and I was sore in my upper back. I am rarely ever sore. So this is good for me as well. I will even use his recording during the class and just monitor everyone doing it. That is pretty easy. After I talked to Sarah, I went and did Elliptical for an hour. I have not done Elliptical in over a year, and it was a fun alternative to my usual routine of walking or riding my bike. One hour pretty much gives me 10,000 steps. So I get more steps than I do walking. 

Speaking of walking. I think I am going to start the St. Francis Way on my birthday. I am so tired of Route 66. It is so boring. I would never recommend it to anyone else. I thought I would get my money's worth if I chose one of the longest routes. If I was going to do that, I should have chosen the Appalachian Trail because at least it is beautiful! 

So, the rest of my day will include sending my lists of podcasts and resources to Amy for publishing on our website. I might take a walk or a bike ride before that. Then I will do the back clinic routine again and maybe some Pilates. I will also listen to my Civil Rights biography because it is due in four days! Acks. I think I have about 288 pages to go. i think I can do that in four days. 

So there is my day. Tomorrow I meet with my English language conversant from Southeast Asia. That should be fun. After that, I have my Order of the Mustard Seed Cohort meeting. Then I am free the rest of the day. Maybe kayaking would be in order!

I have 3:37 minutes on my timer. I think I will also go to a Silent Prayer time right now. I liked doing that last night before bed. I will say that something happened yesterday. It was not major, but it was a text that said, "Everyone else is doing this." Implying that what I was doing was not enough. I had to pray through it, and the Silent Prayer time helped. I was able to get up this morning and lead the way I felt more comfortable and not the way everyone else was doing it. I am a people pleaser. But if it is not me. That is awkward. I think the person's expectations are very high for what we are leading, and I am more, "Let it flow and trust in the slow work of God." I think when this person sees others moving along at a faster rate, it is hard for them. I am not one to compare and compete with others. But I am one to meet the expectations of others. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...