Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday Fifteen Freewrite

So far, I am loving today! :) It is 1:30pm, but it is never too late to start a Freewrite. 

SLEPT in until 6:45am! OH MY! It was so late for me, but that is because George and I finished Baptiste, a Masterpiece Mystery show that came out this week. We have PBS Passport. So we binged it over two nights. But we didn't stop there. When I read the reviews of it, I read on IMDB that this is the SECOND series with this same character. The first one is called The Missing. And we can watch it FREE on Amazon Primes. OH MY! So good. We stayed up late watching it, and I am not afraid to say so. I don't usually like murder mysteries (George watching them alone on his computer most times), but these are really good. I love the main character!

So, up at 6:45 to meditate on the final "Contemplation to Attain the Love of God" in the Ignatian Exercises. Oh, how I love this contemplation! I sort of breezed through the "Easter Week" contemplations on Easter Day having three times with God because 1) I can, 2) It was Sunday, and 3) I was trying to maintain my focus after struggling a bit on Friday/Saturday with the whole December 23rd thing. It came back for some weird reason. So it was so nice to spend time before Easter Sunrise, then on our deck in the bright sunshine, and then from 11-midnight on Sunday night. 

On Monday, I went through the next week because Pray as You Go has a whole retreat series on the Acts of the Apostles. It was SO GOOD! I went on a long walk and meditated and prayed through it. 

So yesterday I landed at the prep for the "Contemplation to Attain the Love of God," and today was the main thing. I will still linger longer in this, but so good to meditate and review all the graces I have received through this third time (five if you count the two 18th ones I did) through the Exercises. 

Then, we got our house ready for Valentina and Peter, and I know I don't NEED housecleaners anymore, but we are like family now. I just could never let them go. It is only once a month, but they have been part of our lives since 2006 or 2007! 


Then I went for a walk to the bank because I am out of cash. Meaghan called me about the leadership class I am teaching on Sunday, but I had to call her back. So we played tag, and I called Nancy in the process and Facetimed, and she finally realizes she really is an EXTROVERT! LOL! (I knew it all along.) She is very ready to be done with the quarantine, and I probably could go on indefinitely (68% Introvert here - even though no one believes it since ISFJs are the masters of relationships). 

Anywho, Nan gave me great insight and affirmation about where I am going with the leadership class. Then I had a nice talk with Meaghan. There will be 9 mostly thirty-somethings. It should be really good. I got insight. Then I worked on the class and am so liking how nicely it dovetails with what we will be discussing in the last Module of my Spiritual Direction Training and also my Enneagram class. Actually, we talked about me someday teaching more on the Enneagram to this group. 

Then, I worked on it by reading that great Ph.D. Thesis. 

Then George and went on a mammoth HIIT walk to Glen Eden and back. Our goal is four times this week. We are getting into such good shape. 


Now I will go back to preparing! I have three minutes left here. I also might just do a Pietra Fitness Exercise too.

All I have to say is that I feel like God was so good to give me a nervous breakdown when he did! I learned so much from it. It helped me navigate the "doing to being boundary." 

TTFN.




No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...