Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday Sixteen Freewrite

Such a sweet sense of his presence right now. I started out my time at 5:45am with what I am praying through as follow up to the Exercises Finding God in Each Moment: The Practice of Discernment in Everyday Life. It was a nice prayer time. Now I am editing my book, Exercises for Everyone, and I am listening to two different Pray as You Go recordings of John 1:1-18, deciding between the two, which one would be good for using as a link in my book. 

I was just overwhelmed with his presence as I listened to the first. Now I am listening to the second and it continues. "Power to become children of God." 

It is really difficult to explain these times. They are the "apophatic" times, and I sensed it so often in my second time through the Exercises that continues to happen. 

More words from the second recording:
"The Word became flesh and lived among us." Our God is now, forever and always Emmanuel, God with us. Is there a time you can recall when you felt that closeness of God? If so, take a moment to re-live that experience.
How about right now? LOL! I love this. I wish I could bottle it and give it out for free. It is truly good to seek the Lord. It is so true that if we draw near to him, he always draws near to us (James). 

This book editing keeps me in his presence all day long! Yesterday was another one of those times. I was looking at the story of the Prodigal (both God and the Son), and I have the words to the Native Kingdom song "The Reckless Love of God." So, I decided to include a YouTube of the song, and I found this one by some artist (not Native Kingdom and don't remember his name), but he stops in the middle to read Luke 15 and explain about the reckless love of God from the same passage that is a meditation in my book. 

Another moment where I was just sent into a God moment. 

Little by little, God moments come closer and closer together. God knows the desire of that 19-year-old woman's heart. Right there, walking away from Gill Coliseum, going by the track (which is now the sports park) on the way toward Weatherford Hall. "I want a minute by minute (24/7/365) kind of sense of your presence with me, not affected by the "stuff" that people bring because of their stuff. 

Thank you, God, for your indescribable gift. I am so grateful for this morning. May I bring honor and glory to you today. 


Amen! 

P.S. I still don't know which recording I like better. I like them both. :) 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...