Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Freewrite

I might as well just type it out this Sunday morning since things will start hopping here in a bit. I woke up at about 4:50 but made myself sleep until 5:50. I got up, had my tea, had some lectio divina in 1 Timothy, and even read a chapter of Asimov. (I think I am getting into him now.) I have also set up a "Good Morning" command that gives me the weather, Reuter's News Update and plays me an hour of Gregorian music. Right now, the nuns of some abbey in Europe are singing their old familiar song to me. I have listened to this playlist for over a year now, and it never gets old. Part of my growth. Part of my peaceful start of the day that makes the whole rest of the day so much better. 

The 1 Timothy meditation essence was to FLEE FROM the love of money (and other vices that are inferred) and RUN TO (Pursue) righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and gentleness. The fruit of all this pursuit is peace (and all other fruits of the Spirit). This truly is the good life. 

We went to Bend, and I realize I still have a fear of going around curvy corners on precipices. I used to have a recurring nightmare about being in a car with a family (like Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang) and going over the edge. Well, I was with my family (minus Michael, who had a job interview), and I was scared. I didn't handle it well! There is still growth to be had. On the way home, we were on the non-precipice side and went slowly behind a truck. I also forced myself to be engrossed in reading my book about Amsterdam, and I did much better. In fact, I had no fear at all. Of course, George was driving and not my less experienced driver son. He was so cute, he said, "Mom, this will be a growing experience for all of us." Sometimes, the things that come out of his mouth are so WISE. He has been like this since he was young. He cuts to the quick. I am so proud of him for going to a Design Conference in Bend without knowing if he would know anyone. He found some professors from his design major and had lunch with them. In the meantime, George and I walked 11 MILES on the Descutes River Trail one day and the other end of about 4 MILES on the next day. It was so fun to be able to walk again. Surprisingly, my RIGHT leg peroneal muscle made bending the RIGHT knee difficult, but my LEFT leg that was fractured on July 18 did GREAT! I am so happy about all the exercise. 

Now, the reality will be that I have to go back to NO GEORGE for a few days after five days with him.. I could be around him 24/7/365. I am so happy in my marriage, and it truly is a gift. He is the nicest person I have ever met. Truly so peaceful and kind and loving. He just woke up, and he just brings peace into a room. 

Well, it has been fifteen minutes. On to reading more Asimov. TTFN. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...