Monday, October 14, 2019

99. Study is Hard Work

I had to go to the Oregon State University library to get this book written in 1955 by a teacher of study techniques at Kent School in Connecticut. It is on 1000 Books to Read Before You Die List. When I went to Goodreads, I found a group commenters who had been in his classes, and they raved about him. Their lives were changed through his teaching. 

I read many "how to study" books in college. I was the Scholarship Chairman for my sorority and wrote a manual for our new pledges with many of these principles. It was good to review them. This is definitely written for its time (published 1956), but the principles of study are timeless. It was good to be reminded of good study habits since I am "back in school" for the Enneagram certification course I am taking. I am already applying the principles. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...