Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Freewrite

I think I like freewrites so much. It just helps me to articulate what I am thinking and feeling.

These last two weeks have been intense Enneagram studies. I have this window of time before I go back to teaching in January where I can totally pour myself into this Enneagram Professionals Credentialing Course, and I am going for it, and I love it. I could do it all day. I just got a text from a friend who wanted to know all about the Instinctual Variants, and I am just studying that. She is doing it to understand a loved one better. So there is my HELPER person so excited to be able to help someone love another person better.

As you can see from yesterday's test, I am still highest on SOCIAL, but I think since I have been working on my "instinctual stack," I am much more balanced in the other two. YAY ME! I think Trapdoor has helped me on my INTIMATE (second one also called SEXUAL, but I like One-on-One better or sensual too). Trapdoor opened my eyes to the experience of art and literature.

Speaking of literature, OH MY. I am reading To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. OH MY. Talk about exquistine writing. I did not particularly care for Mrs. Dolloway (but liked it better when I saw the movie), but maybe it is because I was younger and have exposed myself to a lot of different literature since then. To the Lighthouse is such a deep dive in the psyche of a whole lot of people. It is about the inner thoughts of men and women that is delicious. I am listening to Juliet ? read it. Perfect tempo.

I am so excited to go on a adventure with George! I will taste the delights of Dutch art (Van Gogh Museum will be such a treat). I will see the bicycles and canals of Amsterdam. I will take in the beauty of the Romantic Rhine and the bodily delights of hikes to high vistas. I will do it with my best friend and the only person I feel 100% comfortable with (with Kim and Debbie as very close seconds, really. Maybe Nancy too - when she doesn't hide from me. LOL!). Oh, and I will taste delightful ALSATIAN FOOD! I cannot wait until this happens. It would be so fun. Oh and sink my teeth into a soft pretzel will be delightful too. Oh am I getting excited or what.

Jehovah's Witnesses just came by so I should add a little on to my timer. It is funny because I saw them out there and almost didn't answer the door. I wonder if part of my more introverted personality has been just how I have shifted over the years to know how to conserve. There is such a balance between conserving my energy and being selfish to not wish someone a good day. He had 1 Peter 5 on his little iPad, and I told him it was one of my favorite chapters. I know we don't believe the same things, but I am not going to pound it over their head but give them a good smile and tell them to have a good day.

Back to what I was saying. I am learning to appreciate the sensual, but part of that is that I have gone more to my Integrated healthy FOUR which needs to develop creativity and creativity and art are so life-giving for me.

But people are also life-giving for me. One on one and groups really. I don't like "social" gathering with no purpose. They must be purposeful to be meaningful to me. That is why I don't go to parties very much anymore. I don't go to Tupperware parties.

So the agenda today will be:

  1. Study Triads for at least one hour. I will also work on my Type 8 Worksheet and will proofread my Type 5 one since my spell check is not working!
  2. Do a Contemplative Reflection Form with Marty over the phone at noon. That will be Number 6 with only four more to go! YAY! I can taste the end of my Spiritual Direction Supervision Journey over.
  3. Find a time to meet with Fran for Direction.
  4. Proofread my Subtype/Instinctual Variants Tests
  5. Read on Amsterdam and finish my France book since it is due soon. 
  6. Read To the Lighthouse
  7. Go over my needs for a website and photo book with Paul.
  8. Take two walks and do Pilates routine to the faster paced CD.
  9.  Fast and pray for jobs for my boys! 
  10. Stealth Spiritual Direction with a certain someone! 
TOP TEN. THAT IS ENOUGH FOR TODAY AND THE TIMER WENT OFF! TTFN.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...