Wednesday, May 30, 2012

52 in 52 Week 22: Quiet - The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

Click image to view full cover Well thought out. I loved this book. I had heard her on a Ted Talk and was intrigued. I slightly prefer introversion and can go either way on the descriptions between the ISFJ and the ESFJ. 

The book jacket says:

"Passionately argued, impressively researched, and filled with indelible stories of real people, QUIET shows how dramatically we undervalue introverts, and how much we lose in doing so. Taking the listener on a journey from Dale Carnegie's [my hero] birthplace to Harvard Business School from a Tony Robbins seminar to an evangelical megachurch, Susan Cain charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal in the twentieth century and explores its far-reaching effects." 

This book really is wonderfully written (just a little slow at the end because it talks about how to raise introverted kids, and I don't think I would have ended it that way because many of the readers will probably be older, empty nesters or near empty nesters like me). To get a taste of it, watch the Ted Talk that first turned me on to this book. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...