Thursday, July 30, 2026

With: Reimagining the Way We Relate to God

I am doing a simple book review because for some reason, Google has given a "warning" for my last two posts on this book, and I still cannot figure out why. Many years ago, they said my BIBLE BOOK CLUB once had offensive content, and I never knew what they were talking about then either. 

With is a simple book. It talks about how most followers of Jesus have four different "postures" toward God:

  1. Life Under God - Obey rules to control outcomes (Think the cult of the Duggar family)
  2. Life Over God - Rely on divine principes rather than relationship
  3. Life From God - supplier of spiritual goods
  4. Life for God - Pursuers of mission, achievement, or purpose for God, often leading to burnout when identity is tied to usefulness. (This is the camp I deal with a lot in spiritual direction.)
The posture God longs for is a relationship WITH Him. Amen. The enemy has really messed with people's minds because this should be really obvious, but it is not for most people. So sad. 

That is all I will write for this. For a more extensive review, please just read my other post that has the "Warning" on it. It goes into more detail, but I am so afraid even this one is going to get a warning on it too. This is so silly. 

No comments:

With: Reimagining the Way We Relate to God

I am doing a simple book review because for some reason, Google has given a "warning" for my last two posts on this book, and I st...