Sunday, December 18, 2022

Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth


This is maybe my fifth time through this classic. I think the first time I read it was in college. I don't remember where I bought the first edition, but it was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. What is a fun fact is that he wrote it while a pastor at Newberg Friends Church, which is my husband's hometown. 

I have led two groups through the book with the DVD series (which I believe might be free online now - let me check - it was super spendy to buy but I lend it out to so many people).

Yes, it is online free of charge here:


(It is a bit outdated and corny in some portions, but it has some people I really admire who are talking in it.) 

This is a classic about the disciplines. I love his writing style, and it is a great book. I know there are more popular books these days on the disciplines, but I like this one best of all. 

Another plus is that it is translated into so many different languages, and in my line of work, I like to have that option for the people I work with around the world. 

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I read this a few years ago and then got the kindle version of the workbook and forgot about it. Do you plan on going through this again in the new year? I would love to go through this book at the same time as someone else so I could talk to them about it. Anyway - I found your blog through the 52 book challenge and was intrigued to see so many titles listed at once and then realized a lot of those titles are books I have read or want to read. Have a Merry Christmas! Sunshine

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I wasn't planning on it for the new year, but maybe later. I love this book. Merry Christmas!

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...