Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday Morning Examen Prayer

Deep Breath.

God, make me aware of your presence at this time. You are always here.

Two or three things I am grateful for:

  • Brian and Stacy and kids coming over to visit. It was a lovely dinner.
  • A soul-stretching perspective hiking to the top of Chip Ross with the ones I love the most and looking out over our beautiful, green city.
  • Weight loss! A week of NO plateauing and a slow and steady downward trend every day. I am totally on track now!
Awakening - The beginning of the day was a meditation in the Transfiguration and centering prayer. Then I read a little bit more in Open Mind, Open Heart and A Coffin for Dimitrios. 

Rest of the morning - Went with George to shopping. While he shopped, I prayer walked around the grocery store. Then we went on another spiritual direction walk on the Hospital Hill Loop together. I asked him the GPS questions (God's Positioning System). I have missed those focused times that are all about him. It was life-giving to find out how he is doing in that way. 

Middle of the Day - More reading and getting ready for Brian and Stacy by chopping tomatoes and grating cheese. It was a simple taco meal prep time. He asked me some of the GPS questions.

Afternoon - Started refries. While beans were soaking, we did a 30-minute hike up to Chip Ross on a beautiful, sunny day. Got an unexpected email from a possible directee. 

Evening - Brian and Stacy came for dinner. Good fellowship and food. We walked to Wildcat and ran into Renee's parents. 

End of the Day - Watched a little bit of Friday Night Lights

Regret - Saying more than I should have said to someone. 

The most meaningful part of the day - The hike and perspective from up on the hill. I also just love being with my family. All four of us together is life-giving. (From Him: Family is always your number one priority.) 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...