Sunday, August 23, 2020

30. Open Mind, Open Heart by Thomas Keating

Open Mind, Open Heart: The Contemplative Dimension of the GospelOpen Mind, Open Heart: The Contemplative Dimension of the Gospel by Thomas Keating
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have had the Centering Prayer app for a couple of years, and it has some direction, but the whole concept of centering prayer is so beautifully presented in this book. I was prompted to read it because of finding a Zoom group in San Francisco who practices this together (about 30-40 people) every Thursday at 12:30 pm and Sunday at 8:30 am. Every other Thursday, we have been discussing his book one chapter at a time, and reading and discussing it has helped me grow in this practice. I had glanced at Basil Pennington's book on the subject and read The Cloud of Unknowing last year with my Renovare Book Club (come join us if you are local), but this book just made the practice so simple!

Here is the link to the Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/centeri...
Here is the link to the Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Here is the link to the Center Prayer Group I have been a part of for the last couple of months (although the link to sign up to get email notifications is not working right now):
http://mercy-center.org/ProgramsMC/Ce...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...