Saturday, August 03, 2019

65. Lolita


This whole concept made me cringe, and it is so creepy as you read this book, but there is something about Nabokov's writing that is amazing. I could not put this book down even though it made my skin crawl at times. Who thinks to write a book about this subject? 

I read this because it is on most lists of "books to read," and I had been strongly encouraged to read it in June of 2007 by someone who loves Nabokov. I see why one would love Nabokov. The story is perfectly crafted. Seriously.

Another thing that is perfect, Jeremy Irons' narration! Then I found out he is the creepy man in a movie. I cannot imagine him playing that part. I should mention that the novel is a first person narrative (which is my favorite point of view, think Jane Eyre). So I cannot imagine being Jeremy Iron's narrating this and not wanting to throw up.  Being inside of the mind of pedophile must mess with your head. This book is about obsession and addiction. Sad. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...