Wednesday, December 26, 2012

52 in 52 Week 52: Handel's Messiah: Comfort for God's People

Handel's Messiah: Comfort for God's People Unabridged Audiobook on CDWhen I first started trying to listen to this in 2010, I thought: BORING! The narrator sounded very stuffy, and it went on about Italian Oratorio and all that, but I gave it a second try Christmas season 2011. I sat down and really listened to it. It is a WEALTH of insight and information about this masterpiece! I loved it. If you are a Messiah Geek like me, it will benefit you greatly to understand the ins and outs of this gift from Handel!

If you are not a Messiah geek, it may be a bit too academic, but I listened to it again this Christmas, and I found myself wanting to write down quotes.  I listen to a little of the book and then the part of the music he has just described. I love that I go to bed and wake up with these Scripture songs in my head during the Christmas season because CHRIST is what the season is all about!  

It will be my annual tradition!

Update: I read the print in 2013, and I like that much better!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...