Tuesday, July 11, 2023

The Life of Jesus: Harmonized Gospels Passion Translation


I purchased this on Kindle several months ago, and I gave the gorgeous leather-bound copy to a friend we visited in Turkey. 

As soon as I was done with the Bible Book Club reread/update (cleaned up broken links, added YouTube videos and exercises to facilitate encounters with God) that took me from April 23-June 23, I went into the Gospel Harmony Book Club, reading through this translation as I did the same kinds of updates. What a joy to read where I was all those years ago and where I am now. 

It was lovely. Some of the chronological order in this rendition of the Harmonized Gospels differs from the chronologies I used to craft the book club. But it was close enough, and I enjoyed a fresh translation (it is more of a paraphrase). 

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

This looks really good. I am going to put it on my TBR list!

Tuesday Freewrite Fifteen

I am just sitting here after my Centering Prayer for the House of Prayer in East London. I have not been with that group for SO LONG! I just...