Saturday, July 15, 2023

Saturday Sixteen Freewrite


I am listening to the woman with the hemorrhage on Pray as You Go. 

"Take heart, daughter, your faith has made you well." How do I encounter the Lord in the busyness of my day? 

I try to look up continually throughout the day, and I do that more naturally now than ever. It has been a good few years, Lord. 

My biggest desolation over the last couple of days was getting the response of a pastor to my friend who is in an abusive marriage. I was angry. He was condescending and "I am the authority here, and you are not in an abusive relationship. You are in sin. Your friends and advisors don't know how to handle accurately the Word because I am a pastor and a man, and those people don't know anything because I am a big cheese in the evangelical world." (Not those words, but that is how it comes across IMHO.) It was arrogant and judgemental and I need to pray about it because I am angry. 

No address of the many years this woman has had to endure a narcissistic husband. It is always the woman who has to adapt to narcissism. The narcissism doesn't get addressed, and everyone is reacting to the action of the wife who is tired and just wants help. 

So, I need to pause and listen to You, Lord about this. 

"I am always on the side of the innocent." 

Thanks God. 

I am out in my deck sanctuary (my sanctuary sign is coming very soon). I have been here since about 4 am. I am so glad we didn't do a closed room. I have listened to the gentle sounds of the morning so many times this summer. It is lovely. I now know the deer love to eat the leaves on our apple tree, and they start even before sunrise. 

Today is going to be hot. So after this freewrite, I am going for a walk (or maybe a bike ride). At 9:30 am, we are going to go to Beaver Creek for kayaking/Stand Up and Paddle with Maddy, Katherine, and John.

Then, I will come back and put the final photos in the book that is supposed to come sometime today and write dates in the other book that I just finished and in my Christmas album.

I also need to find the November/December 2022 pictures. (I probably should order the Amsterdam/Dublin/Belfast/Castlewellan from October-November since I decided not to include them and just have the book be of the Camino since that is the most meaningful thing.) 

I will do freewrites all this next week. I am in-between devotionals right now. I will continue with Celtic Daily Prayer.

This went over 16 minutes. Time to go walk. 

No comments:

Tuesday Freewrite Fifteen

I am just sitting here after my Centering Prayer for the House of Prayer in East London. I have not been with that group for SO LONG! I just...