Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Amplified Bible


I finished my time in The Reservoir, and I was trying to read through the Bible along with it, but I wasn't able to do both. So, on April 23rd, I decided that I would just catch up with where I want to be on a three-year reading from the Bible Book Club. But then I thought, I am going to get The Amplified Bible in an audiobook and just listen to it while I walk and go by the way. I also quit reading other books for a while and just read the Bible (other than the ones I am reading for the class I am taking). 

I listened through it for TWO MONTHS! I loved it! 

I have referred to the Amplified Bible for so many years, and I love it. I have George's Aunt Dot's copy that is so lovingly worn! But it was so fun to listen to it cover to cover! I couldn't stop. :) 

The only thing about this audiobook is that it is by chapters but not by books and chapters. So, it would be hard to have it for someone who was trying to find a chapter in the Bible. As I went along, I bookmarked the beginning of each book to make it easier for me in the future to do that. 

No comments:

Tuesday Freewrite Fifteen

I am just sitting here after my Centering Prayer for the House of Prayer in East London. I have not been with that group for SO LONG! I just...