Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday Morning Freewrite

It is 6:38 am, and I decided to move my Corvallis intercession time on Sundays to 8:30 instead of 6:30. I SO ENJOY my morning times with God, and I even though I was up by 5:20. I just love a long and leisurely morning for our personal time together. Not that intercession for Corvallis cannot be personal, but I felt like we were cutting off the good conversation to get on to the next thing, and I knew 8:30 would be better. Sometimes, I will be sitting in church (and actually praying from the pulpit at the morning service at about this time) or taking a morning walk before going to one of the later services at church. It is just a better time, and sometimes, I will even be walking the six miles to church, and I can prayer walk while I am on my way. So it is a better time. I might even change all the other times to a later time because I like to go for a morning walk when it gets a little warmer, but maybe 6:30 will be GREAT once the days get a little warmer. 

Anywho,

Today's meditation is another repetition of Jeremiah 29:11-13. 

"I know the plans I have in mind for you, Carol."

Sit and soak in that phrase right now. 

What a lovely first week in Finding Christ in the World by Tetlow. It is a spendy book (especially when you include shipping), but I have thoroughly enjoyed its simplicity. Tetlow knows his stuff and his God. So blessed to discover this new way to enjoy God. 

What I am even more overjoyed about is 1000 people from 40 different countries going through this book this summer! WOW! I feel like I am part of a global phenomenon of LOVE. 

By the way, I am looking out over Proposal Rock at Neskowin right now.  After three months of staying in the city limits of Corvallis and only going out for essentials (and walking in the neighborhood), we are having a family GETAWAY! George was required to take five days off from work. So this is two days of his off time and two days of the weekend. We are staying at a place we stayed at 1 1/2 years ago, but even though we had rented it for two nights, we only stayed one because my back went out, and I had to go to the doctor before we could go. So, we vowed to return because I do believe it is our favorite place to stay on the coast. Michael and Paul have their own beds and a separate room, and George and I have our own bathroom and bedroom. Then there is a separate common area and kitchen so I do not have to tiptoe around in my early morning time with God (and chai tea making). I am sitting in front of the big sliding glass door and looking right at Proposal Rock. It is going to be SUNNY today. So we plan on a hike where there is an observation deck at the top. I cannot remember what the name of it is, but it overlooks rivers and the ocean. It is a spectacular view on the Oregon Coast. We played the Dr. Seuss Trivia Game on Friday night and watched The Fellowship of the Ring last night together. It has been soul-nourishing family time. 

While we want to take the boys on their graduation present trip to France, we cannot do that until COVID-19 abates. So we are in Oregon and loving it. Unafraid of COVID-19.  I am looking at videos and pictures of our trip to France two years ago. It makes me want to go back with them. They are such appreciators of good art that I think this would be such a great trip for them. We would have to go at a slower pace though. George and I are used to going and seeing so much in a day. 

Well, I am going to get dressed and go for a walk on the beach. SUCH a perfect day to play.


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...