Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Freewrite Wednesday

Wednesdays, by and large, continue be my more free day for a Freewrite. 

So here I go. 

I love my life. Just saying. Today, I was up at 5:50 to experience Jesus in the Upper Room and talking about the Holy Spirit and love from John 14. I am on Week 27 of the Spiritual Exercises and I love that we go through the Last Supper and Upper Room Discourse two weeks before Holy Week. When I am leading the Gospel Harmony Book Club, I have everyone read through it all in "real time" where you are going through each day of the week, but this way, I can linger LONG over some passages. Actually, Ignatius didn't suggest John 14-17, but I think they are important. So, I added them to the guide that I am writing for the Exercises (If you want the guide, contact me. I really feel like it will be a nice addition to the guides already offered. It is simple and concise.).

Anywho, I just got a text from Manar, "Love you too!" I have been texting back and forth with her today because I found a friend for her in Milwaukie. She said when she visited at Christmas, "Carol, you told me you had a friend in Milwaukie I could meet." BUT I don't know anyone in Milwaukie. So I don't know if I said it, but I think it was prophetic because I thought, "Hmm. Marty and Sandy do a Spiritual Direction Cohort in Milwaukie." BINGO. Knew two people who had been in one of their cohorts who would be perfect. Then I sat on it for TWO MONTHS! Why? Not sure other than I have been sort of laser focused on writing my Exercises for Everyone Guide! So I have to trust that was OK. I finally wrote them this last week, and I heard back right away. SO YAY.

Now, just got a text from Nan. Dynamo - "Mighty Mouse" (her identity name). She is investing in those people in her church, and now her church (my old one) just had a major crisis. YIKES. My heart was SO SAD from Sunday to Tuesday morning, but it lifted Tuesday after my great morning teaching and lifting weights. Told Nan so and just got a text back. 

Soon, Nan and maybe Heather will go to Calvin for Seek God for the City prayer. After YEARS of praying through this on my own (with friends, here and there, joining me), my city has decided to do it. I encouraged it two to three years ago in a meeting and now it is happening! Dreams really do come true. :) 

Also had a word for A who is at a large gathering in an undisclosed country. Well, many of my friends are there. Hey all their initials spell: BEAMED :) Lord, BEAM your light into the world through their prayers this week. M and B sent us a guide through the days and went for a walk this morning to pray through it. Loved it. One day we will go as He leads. The word for A this morning was Hosea 6:3 - "Let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn."

(Two hours later, I realized I went to get my Bible and didn't finish my freewrite.)

"And he will come like the heavy rain.
Like the spring rain watering the earth."

Perfect for A. 

Well, I went and delivered books to my Dial a Book patrons, and there were no books for me to bring back to the library. So I came back home and am going to work a little before Nan picks me up for our prayer time at Calvin.

TTFN.


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...