Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Fifteen Freewrite

We are so blessed in so many ways. I just made the decision to not plan a big anniversary trip. It is too exhausting for me, but I feel like we need to be all here. I started trying to plan, and I got a call from someone distressed. So much of what I do is not planned on a day to day basis. So much of what I do is connect people, help people, dream with people. So, I have to have such fluidity to my schedule that I cannot put on a time card. It is an interesting thing.

Anyway, I just realized it was getting too stressful to try to plan something, and I was not enjoying it anymore. I think there will be a simple trip to the coast, to the same hotel we went to on our honeymoon, 25 years ago. No big trip. Just a couple of nights together on the Oregon coast. I do think that is plenty. If God wants to drop something in our lap, then I am totally up for that, but it has to be God directing the ship (or plane), not me. So I am crossing it off my list and saying: WAIT!

I just have this feeling that it is going to be much better than anything that we would have ever been able to plan. God just said, "Be a light" when we were praying about it. Again, he said "Wait on France." So, I am going to do just that.

This will be a summer of jaw surgery and carpet laying so I am totally fine with waiting for something to become really clear! 


I am excited to see what He will do when we just let go. :) Last year was the fulfillment of so many dreams in Europe. I know I have other ones that I just will have to wait on. I have no problem with that. :)

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...