Monday, July 14, 2014

30. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning


"The ragamuffin who sees his life as a voyage of discovery and runs the risk of failure has a better feel for faithfulness then the timid man who hides behind the law and never finds out who he is at all."  
There is nothing I did not love about this book. He was preaching to the choir, but as C.S. Lewis said in Mere Christianity, "People need more to be reminded than to be instructed." I say a hearty AMEN! How cool that I read Mere Christianity and this book concurrently, and Manning would quote him in the last line of the original book! As I sat in my backyard last week, I took this picture and posted it to Facebook saying: 
























These two books complemented each other so well! While C.S. Lewis was challenging for my brain because I do not think the way he does, 
Ragamuffin Gospel was like that large glass of iced tea I slowly sipped in this picture: cool, refreshing, quenching my thirsty soul, and going down "oh so easy"! I think (or should I say feel?) more like Manning than Lewis, but I loved them both!  

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...