Saturday, April 05, 2014

Psalm 6:8-9 -- Yahweh Hears and Receives

HIS WORDS ( A Psalm of David)

Depart from me, all you who do iniquity, 
For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping. 
The Lord has heard my supplication, 
The Lord receives my prayer.

MY WORDS

Go away from me, all you who do evil,
For YAHWEH has heard the voice of my tears. [Matt 7:23; Luke 13:27]
YAHWEH has heard my request for favor,
YAHWEH receives my plea. 

I WILL

Ponder and thank God that He hears and receives our cries to Him when we get ourselves involved with the wrong people. I have gotten myself in a ton of hot water with them.  One time, after a particularly painful and devastating six month partnership with one of these types of people, God said to me in the shower, "I gave you discernment. USE IT!" Over the course of that six month, I stood up for that person, defended her, was her champion to the leadership of our church, and then she turned on me and lied about me. My problem is that I am very empathetic, and I have let people into my life that I have tried to help (Hope Springs Eternal!) with painful consequences to me and my family (many "bite your hand" after a while). This, too, is DISOBEDIENCE. I have learned not to let my empathy override my OBEDIENCE!

 Now I pray and discern and let Him direct whom I become involved with. It has made such a difference in my life. I had a little "slip up" this fall when God told me that someone was not to be involved in our ministry, and I could not tell that person, "No." when they wanted to join. That was disobedience. Plain and simple. I am thankful that God heard our plea though, and it ended without too disastrous of consequences! 

Now I am on the verge of some decisions about more people, and a recent "applicant" is a wildcard in that I do not know them. (Not necessarily evil though, just clarifying.) Lord, hear my request for favor in discerning about this person. :) 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...