Friday, August 24, 2007

Vacation Time















I have had great vacation seeing many fun people. I have been able to connect with my cousin Arlene, Liz Boggs, and Betty. I brought them all over to Sterling to spend time with mom, and I think it has raised her spirits considerably to have so many visitors in one week.


We have also seen Susanne for Shakespeare and the zoo (with her kids). We had lunch with Jerome and Terri and a Becoming Jane with Terri and her daughter, Bethany. We also went to the lake for skiing, wake boarding and intertubing with Chris, Holly, and Mitchell.


The highlight was getting to see Bill while George and the boys were at the Science Center. I am sorry that Bill didn't get to see them though, but I liked the one-on-one time.

Today we see Debbie and Jenna and maybe Hayley after she comes home from school. So, we have seen a ton of people, and it has all been very good.


We leave tomorrow morning for my high school reunion. I will see many old friends and faces. It should be really nice to see them all.

Then, it is back home to Oregon on Sunday. It has been a very nice vacation, but I am really looking forward to getting back to my home and preparing for the new school year.


Oh, I have also been doing my Isaac, Jacob, Esau study, and I just have four more days and I am done with the whole book of Genesis! It has beeen so rich to do all these character studies this summer.

I also finished The Rule of St. Benedict and am reading A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren. It is really good to finally read him. It is very thought-provoking, and I would love to talk to others who have read him too. Maybe Susan and Stephen?


I hope to read The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Cross and the Switchblade on the way back to Oregon. They are both short and quick books, and we have a very LOOONG drive ahead of us. :)

TTFN

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...