Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Trinity: A Journal by Kenneth Boa


I am done with all my inductive Bible studies for the summer (Genesis and Colossians), and I have enjoyed just soaking through Lectio (pronounced Lek-see-o) Divina in this little gem. I have all four in his series, and I did the one with the Nicene Creed in it, but I don't think I fully appreciated it like I am this one.
It is so simple and almost too simple that I think someone might not appreciate it.
Read
Meditate
Pray through
Contemplate
on one - five verses per day.
It has been very relaxing for me after too much intense inductive study. It all comes back to balance, really. Both are valuable and important disciplines that feed my soul.
Balance.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...