Friday, July 20, 2007

The Road


HPIM0787, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

I found this picture from 2005 when I was deleting old photos to make room on our hard drive. I think George took it at the place in Newberg, and I just love it. The light shining on the path out of darkness into the light beyond.

This is so analogous of how life is these days. There is a shining path in front of us, and we are reaching forward to a bright future ahead of us.

We were in the dark, dense wilderness for so long. Maybe not 40 years like the Israelites, but it was 28 years for me and 22 for George. I always knew that we were heading out of the wilderness though, and I think we were headed in the right direction. For the most part, we were on the path, and there were (and still are) wonderful people whom we partnered with along the way while we were there, but it is still nice to be seeing the light out there to a wide open brightness at the meadow on the top of the hill. "I can almost see the top of the hill, and I believe it's worth it all." (Amy Grant song from the 80's)

I just KNOW that we have chosen the right place for this new stage of our journey. I have continued to marvel at God's goodness to bring us to where we are today.

I like today. I really like today.

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...